-
February 13th, 2003, 06:15 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Doe anybody know the complete Lyrics for the song "angels Wings"? Or does anybody know where I could find them?
-
February 17th, 2003, 08:24 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I don't know but i was looking for them last week and couldn't find them!!!!
-
February 17th, 2003, 07:11 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Ya, I agree, they are very hard to find!
-
February 17th, 2003, 07:30 PM
#4
Inactive Member
How about we all pitch in and try to figure it out ourselfs [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Welfare mother drinks herself to sleep
But silently all her children weep
When you coming home dad I dont know when
The county is gonna take us away again
I dont care about what they say
Ima run away some day
Welfare mother drinks herself to sleep
But silently all her children weep
-
February 18th, 2003, 01:00 AM
#5
Inactive Member
He're my pitch..the bracket parts are what need help.
Welfare mother drink yourself to sleep
While silently your children weep
When you coming home dad I don’t know when
The county’s gonna take us away again
I don’t care about what they say
I’m gonna run away someday
Welfare mother drink yourself to sleep
While silently your children weep.
Try to figure out things (on my own/why I’m not whole/ while I’m at home/that I want)
(When you’re living) your all alone
(There aint no …. ,nothing to eat)
There aint much love there on the streets
I don’t care about what they say
I aint gonna die that way
Try to figure out things (on my own/why I’m not whole/ while I’m at home/that I want)
(Mumbles incoherently..)
And when you’re down (hearted/and low/ out there)
Hey baby it’s a long long way
Hold back now, hold back your tears
And when you’re down (??)
Hey baby it’s a long long way
Hold back now, hold back your tears (move on/hold on)
BRIDGE
And when you’re down (hearted/and low/ out there)
Hey baby it’s a long long way
Hold back now, hold back your tears
And when your down (??)
Hey baby it’s a long long way back
(Then maybe you’re living the wrong way)
I’m not perfect but I don’t do wrong
And we’ve been friends now for so long
Hey baby, even in my heart
There aint (??) to tear us apart
I don’t care about what they say
I’m gonna marry you some day
Marry me, and I’ll take you away
Angels wings gonna carry me away
Angels wings gonna carry us away.
Keep in mind this is my stab at it after listening to it religiously since last summer. When he plays it live I know all the words cause I can understand him WAY better and also he keeps changing the lyrics. Again, cause this question has been asked so many times, I don't think any of us will no for sure till the album makes it's way out there.
-
February 18th, 2003, 01:32 AM
#6
Inactive Member
I came up with this:
Welfare mother drinks herself to sleep
But silently all her children weep
When you coming home dad I dont know when
The county is gonna take us away again
I dont care about what they say
Ima run away some day
Welfare mother drinks herself to sleep
But silently all her children weep
Trying to figure out things on my own
Juvenile delinquent from a broken home
?
There aint much love there on the streets
I dont care about what they say
I aint gonna live or die that way
Trying to figure out things on my own
Angels Wings wont you carry me home
And when your down(down) and(there)
There baby is a long long way up
Hold back now
Hold back your tears
And when your down down and
There baby is a long long way up
Hold back now
Hold back your tears some more
Im not perfect I know I done things wrong(I know Ive done you wrong)
But weve been prisoners for so long
Trying to figure out things in my heart
? tear us apart
I dont care about what they say
Ima marry you some day
?
Angels Wings gonna carry me away
Angels Wings gonna carry you away
Angels Wings gonna carry us away
[img]redface.gif[/img]
-edit- Im probably the worst person to come up with lyrics to songs. Now that I compare it to LDG's what I came up with sounds pretty funny lol
<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ February 17, 2003 09:57 PM: Message edited by: das187 ]</font>
-
February 19th, 2003, 04:16 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Niiiiice, damn you guys have really good ears! Thanks for the help I really appreciate it!
-
February 20th, 2003, 06:24 AM
#8
Inactive Member
I second that sh!t!! thanx.....
-
June 11th, 2003, 06:17 AM
#9
Inactive Member
I had this song in my head today, and it took quite awhile to find even this much worth of lyrics. Thanks a ton guys!!! Now all I need are the tabs... whew.
While I was here, figured I'd take a shot at the lyrics.
[the second part about 'hold back your tears' is where i had the most problem... i just tried to fill it in but eventually gave up. *g*]
Welfare mother drinks herself to sleep
But silently all her children weep
When you coming home dad, I don't know when
The county's gonna take us away again
I don't care about what they say
I'ma run away some day
Welfare mother drinks herself to sleep
But silently all her children weep
Tryin' to figure out things on my own
Baby livin' all alone
(There aint no sleep, nothin' now to eat)
There ain't much love there on the streets
I don't care about what they say
I ain't gonna die that way
Tryin' to figure out things on my own
Baby livin' so far from home
And when you're down down
Down baby, I know it's a long way
Come back now
Hold back your tears
And when you're down down down and
Down baby it's a long way up
Hold back now
Hold back your tears some more
And when you're down on luck
Yeah baby it's a long way back
Hold back now
Hold back your tears
And when you're down on luck
Yeah baby it's a long way back
Hold back now
Just come on home
I'm not perfect, know I done you wrong
But we've been friends now so long
Tryin' to figure out things in my heart
There ain't no way to tear us apart
I don't care about what they say
I'm gonna marry you some day
Ain't no way I'm gonna turn you loose
Angels Wings gonna carry me away
Angels Wings gonna carry us away
Angels Wings gonna carry us away.......
-
June 12th, 2003, 12:00 AM
#10
HB Forum Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by Little Devil Girl:
...and also he keeps changing the lyrics. Again, cause this question has been asked so many times, I don't think any of us will no for sure till the album makes it's way out there.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's amusing to look at the different transcriptions that have come up so far - funny thing is they're all pretty accurate. I can tell which one is from the Street Scene, which is from the Glass House, and which is from the Ventura Theatre.
I've listened to versions of this song from half a dozen different shows over the last couple of days, and almost every night is different. The first verse is usually the same, but from there it all depends on which show it is. Sometimes the differences are subtle with only one or two words, but other times whole lines have been changed. As LDG said, we'll have to see if it makes the album when it comes out on a Tuesday.
Or the dvd...
<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ June 11, 2003 09:17 PM: Message edited by: KoF ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks